Small church ministry isn’t LESS, but it is DIFFERENT.
- Do you need more volunteers?
- Resources that work in your small church?
- The know-how to make a difference?
Throw in some inspiration and support to keep it all going, and that’s what you’ll find here!
What started as an idea-blog in 2019 has grown into a community of over 7000+ with free and paid resources, the best Facebook Community on the planet, quarterly conferences (Small Church Summits), and a comprehensive training program (The Small Church Academy).
I started The Creative Little Church because the resources we need in small churches simply aren’t out there.
Most Americans worship in Small Churches like yours and mine.
- But only 10% of resources help small churches.
- Most church resources are written BY and FOR large churches, and their ideas don’t apply.
Most of the service hours in small churches are by volunteers, not staff.
- But very few resources address the needs of volunteers and those who end up leading “by accident.”
- Most church resources are written BY and FOR paid church staff and pastors.
So here’s a community that addresses needs of volunteers in small churches and those who lead them.
Ideas, training, and encouragement for working with …
- Click here for: Finding, training, and keeping volunteers – with lots of fun and no guilt
Children & Youth
- Click here for: Develop a deeply-rooted kids’ ministry specific to the culture of a small church
This article is especially for women …
- Click here for: For no more burn out, quit trying so hard. Whether you are Paid or Unpaid, Seen or Unseen.
I’ve been where you are.
- You need to find more volunteers
- You want to be a better leader
- You have a big dream for your small church
AND ideas you find don’t fit your SMALL church reality:
- of having only 6 kids in your whole church
- when your volunteers consist mostly of your relatives
- and you don’t have a much of a budget.
My name is Laurie.
I’ve been a ministry leader for 30 years, 20 of those in small churches. I try a lot, fail a lot, and succeed a lot too. I have transformed ministries, discovered leaders in hiding, and learned how to balance pouring in with pouring out.
I’ve led small groups, energized worship, started new teams and supported others. I’m visionary, persistent, and I don’t quit easily. I love the old and the new, the vintage and the modern. I’ve seen God work through traditions of the past and the dreams of the present.
I’m a pastor’s wife, a working mom, and a fan of a monk named Fenelon. I love power tools, Arizona sunshine, and my puppy named Pesto.
I believe the small church is uniquely positioned to provide grace, mercy, salvation, and community.
I hope you find a home on this site where:
- Small churches are celebrated.
- Struggles are addressed and answered.
- Perspectives are changed and dreams re-ignited.
Looking forward to the journey,
Whether you are seen or unseen, paid or unpaid, staff or volunteer,
You ARE an influence.
Boring, but important: